5.06.2018

Junk Post?

Same old same.





It's that time again, oncall. (EDIT: I wrote this before I went oncall. It's over now, and I dont want to rewrite the whole thing.)
So far so good, but we are just 2 days into. Anything good happens I'll let you know.

Day to day life has been average, random at best.

Been tinkering around the garage. Going to use this week to tidy up my side, and start working on the go karts. I need to tighten down the Jegs kart, and get some wheels on it. The neighbor bought some weird looking off road kart, and now the oldest son really wants to get on a kart. KART BATTLE.

I'm going to start working on my second 212 engine, get all the "Stage 3" parts in it, and get that on the other kart frame.

Trying to keep the Passat clean now that its in the garage, and I'm remembering why I hate black cars. They only look good from 20 feet.



In preparation for next hurricane season, I purchased a generator from Harbor Freight. Their 8750/7500W Predator.

My in-laws let me borrow their generator last year, when the power was out for a day or two. It was a great help, so I figured we'd get one ourselves.  It's sized decently, and I think it will power pretty much what ever we need. I plan on hooking it up to the home through a interconnect breaker.

I need to do some electrical math and add up what I think the demand will be for us. I don't plan on having the generator run everything in the house, but all bedrooms and the refrigerator should be fine.
Eventually I am going to see if it can handle the HVAC system solo, but worst case I'll buy a window unit for one of the bedrooms, and we will hunker down in their as a family on hot nights.


Oncall Catch Up


Had a couple of main breaks, and a lot of little stuff. Nothing too bad. As I type it's 8PM on Sunday, just a few more hours to go.

Main break in Lake Asbury

This one was in OP. 




So... That's it. More to follow. I guess.