7.05.2018

She's dead, Jim.

Well. If you haven't heard, the Rabbit is dead. 

Sad Face.


That intake manifold though...
I decided to tap a guardrail at 55 miles per hour. Best decision ever.

Jake and I were on the way back from camp Friday night, when a possum* ran out infront of us. I decided not to hit it, and that action, plus other factors (rain and such) lead to a dead Rabbit. Now let me set something straight. I am full aware that the life of a possum is not as significant as the life of myself or child. Had the possum had been in the middle of the road, the possum would have died. I've hit other animals and not of thought twice about dodging them. This was not the case.

We were traveling up US 19, just south of Palatka, and it was around 9:30PM. Jake and I counted around 15-20 deer on our way home. These deer were getting progressively closer and closer to the road, some where in the road. We had successfully navigated through one herd of deer, and drove around another possum previously. With the mind set of deer jumping out in front of me, I guess I kind of started becoming paranoid.

Enter the Possum

This is not the possum, but I'm sure it reacted the same.
Little joker was waiting, hiding behind a guardrail. I'm sure he was sent by that Geico squirrel to wreck me. He popped out about 20 - 30 feet in front of me, and my mind said deer. Thats all it took.
I jerked left, car drifted left. Got it back in my lane, then momentum took over and we started toward the right guard rail. Over corrected and ended up facing back to the left and straight into the left side guard rail. It was awesome :(. We bounced of and spun. Jake asked me if I died.






We are both OK. No other cars were involved, and no injuries to either of us. Even the possum survived. So now I'm on the hunt for another car, and that's probably the worst part of this whole ordeal.

I got a boring but neat rental car, and I'll do a little review on that later.

Ok, that's it for now.










*yes I am aware it is called an Opossum. I am not going to call it that.