3.07.2018

I think I'll Go Home Now

Mercy sakes alive... what a week.

It's been a bit since the last post. I went oncall last Monday (02.26) and was just swamped.
The week was ok, just a few calls a night. This last weekend, however, was gross. On top of that I still have to work my regular work week.

So to catch you up on the mud hole action, I'll ease back on the commentary, and just post some pics with captions. I didn't get a pic of everything, things got hairy at times, so pictures were not the first thing on my mind.

Monday 02.26.2018

Had to replace a 2" meter with a 3/4"x5/8". The meter did not want to leave.



3/4"x5/8" Meter on riser

This little Colorado was my chariot for the week. GMC was in the shop.


Leak under a drive way. Always fun.

Tuesday 02.27.2018

Started early! Lift Station call

Hmmmm.....

Walked in to find this. Safety third!

Like a warm hug, Wawa's is there.


Wednesday 02.28.2018

Remember that giant mudhole from a post ago? BOOM. Gone.
 
Customer requested us to clean her driveway. Sprayed it down with the Jet Truck

Curbstop change out!

 

Thursday 03.01.2018

More curbstop change outs!!!!!!


It did not go as planned, so we adapted.

I started an investigation into why a local school is using twice their normal amount of water.

That's ground water.

Oncall leak!!!! Crane truck broke both services


Finishing up.

Friday 03.02.2018

Only picture I took. Me and a coworker had to walk through a cow field. Fearless leaders stood at the gate to lock us in.

 

Saturday 03.03.2018

3 inch main break under a driveway.


TEAR IT UP

It had a split.

Now it does not.

I still haven't figured out what this is... but it broke too.

This looks cool, but it blew apart. Repaired it without adding a flushing hydrant.

 

Sunday: 03.04.2018

Some stuff happened on this day too, but I was way too busy to take pictures.




I think that's about it for the work related things. I get another post out here soon about what I've got going on around at home.

For now I am still trying to recover from the week end, as I did not get much sleep.

I think I am sleeping right now. Maybe this is just a dream...